Ultraviolet (UV) Water Filters Ireland
Ultra Violet water disinfection technology is widely used around the world to ensure safe water free from bacteria without the use of Chlorine or other unpleasant chemicals, eliminating the risk of overdosing or imparting bad taste. Ultra Violet energy causes inactivation of micro-organisms by disrupting DNA, therefore preventing the growth of bacteria, viruses, moulds and their spores.
Bacteria in Drinking Water
Bacteria is found in many wells and occurs intermittently throughout the year depending on heavy rainfall. Ultra Violet filtration is usually used after some form of primary water treatment mainly water softening to keep the ultraviolet system inner quarts sleeve clean and clear, keeping the water clear from bacteria.
Celtic Water Solutions Ultra Violet Systems
We offer both Whole-house and Under sink Ultra Violet Lights, however, we would highly recommend for our clients to obtain of the Whole-house Ultra Violet Light as all the water in the entire house will be Bacteria free, picture yourself brushing your teeth, would you want to be doing so in Bacteria infested water! The Under sink Ultra Violet Light will remove 99.99% of the Bacteria in your water in the specially fitted tap on your Kitchen Sink only.
Installation is simple, and once fitted, the system requires no attention and only periodic maintenance. Due to efficient design and the use of high quality components, running costs are extremely low, and the light requires only annual replacement. The lamp may light for longer but the strength of the bulb will be much weaker, therefore we urge our clients to change the bulbs every twelve months. The chamber is manufactured from hygienic 316L grade stainless steel ensuring strength, reliability and efficient hydraulic operation. All our Ultra Violet Lights are fitted with alarms should the bulb blow.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bacteria Filters
How do I remove bacteria?
First you will normally need to find out how much bacteria is in the water and how much, this is done via a water test. We are then able to use the results to work out what size ultra violet light might be required. There are a few ways to remove or kill bacteria in the water and they are either by ultra violet light or by adding chemicals to the water, we always prefer to use an ultra violet light.
What if I buy the biggest UV available?
If you decide to just go and buy the biggest UV then you might be doing more harm then good. The reason we spec an ultra violet light based on water test results is so we can maintain the make up of the water and keep it as natural and full of healthy minerals. If you use a massive UV light filter you will be killing and damaging the natural make up of the water and will find it actually tastes a little plain/off.
How often do I need to change the UV bulb?
We recommend replacing the UV bulb every 12 months as it has been found that after 12 months the bulb starts to break down and then within a very short space of time the bulb may still be bright but it is not actually killing anything so now on average manufacturers always suggest the bulbs be replaced every 12 months.
Can I change the bulb myself?
You certainly can change the bulb yourself but we would always recommend we setup a maintenance program with you because although changing the bulb is easy every 12 months the glass quartz sleeve will need to be removed and cleaned to ensure the ultra violet light can pass through it. This we would not recommend you do yourself because the quartz sleeves are very fragile and new washers will need to be fitted.