pH Correction Units
The pH value of water determines whether water alkaline or acidic. The pH of your water should be between 6.5 – 9.5. Water with a lower value than 6.5 is considered acidic & can be corrosive. Should your pH level be lower than 6.5 we can recommend a product that will neutralise the acid in your water. A Calcide Unit will correct your pH level to an appropriate neutral level. The Calcide will dissolve into your water and you top it up when empty.
With a low level pH in your water, it is likely to;
* Leach metals from pipes and fixtures, such as copper, iron, lead, manganese & zinc.
* Cause damage to metal pipes.
* Cause a metallic or sour taste.
* Can effect Hair Colour (Highlights to turn green).
* Cause Blue-Green stains on sinks and drains.
PH Correction Filters
- How can I correct ph levels?
PH with a lower level then 7.0 is acidic water and must be treated to make it safe. We can make the ph safe by running the acidic water through a filter which is loaded with a specific media which when the water comes into contact with it will react and boost the ph level. It will stop reacting when the ph level gets to 7.0 – 7.2.
- What maintenance do they require?
The media will need to be topped up every 12 months and must be done by an experienced technician.
For more information about our pH Correction Units,
Lo-Call 1890 252 388 or Email Us